"User not present in this conversation"

Talk about anything about MSN Messenger for mIRC or leave some comments.
Asherett

Re: "User not present in this conversation"

Post by Asherett »

If there's anything I could do to help out (anything I could do when the issue occurs or such), let me know. I'm no programmer, but I can be a decent QA assistant, and don't mind spending some time improving this great addon.
Necroth

Post by Necroth »

Asherett wrote:This is proving hard. As far as I can see, it seems to DC (I start getting "User not present" messages) if I don't answer (send any message) in about 20-30 minutes. Note that the other guy can still send messages to me. I'm unable to recreate anything that makes the DC happen immediately, but it seems to always be DCed after a while.
I also get "User not present in this conversation" after about 20 minutes of being idle in a chat.
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

I'll have another look at this today.

To confirm - you open a chat window with a friend using windows live messenger. You talk for a while, then leave the window open for around 20 minutes. When you talk to your contact again, it says that the contact isn't present in the conversation?
legarcy

Post by legarcy »

andyc wrote:I'll have another look at this today.

To confirm - you open a chat window with a friend using windows live messenger. You talk for a while, then leave the window open for around 20 minutes. When you talk to your contact again, it says that the contact isn't present in the conversation?
this happens to me on any remote user client
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

I've identified what could be causing this and a new version will be released soon.