Hello all!

Talk about anything about MSN Messenger for mIRC or leave some comments.
legarcy

Hello all!

Post by legarcy »

Hey everyone

I just thought i would register after being a long time user of IRC-MSN id like to take this chance to say a massive thank you to "andyc" it really is a great tool and has allowed me to keep everyone in one place, top job mate!

now i have afew things that if there were to be a new version id like to see??

1, user not present in convo after a curtain time can be annoying not sure weather this is down to the script or the remote user...

2, if there was any way to make it remeber font settings that would be handy i always seem to have to set the font size when i open a new convo which can be quite annoying, again, not sure if this is the script but MIRC remember fine?

3, is there any way to stop the script sending out so many connect requests out? if the end user is using Amsn, a 3rd party client that shows when a user connects, is used then the user reports alot of "user has joined chat" messages while in a chat session only

Additionally... if the end user uses TCP view they notice alot of connect attempts even if we are not talking???

is this an open source project? as i wouldn't mind a look over the source code if so 8)

very cool project keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

p.s. one last thing... does this script work on any IRC client that supports scripts or just Mirc?
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Re: Hello all!

Post by andyc »

Hi legarcy, thanks for getting in touch.

Points 1 and 3 are almost certainly down to the same problem. If you have a chat window open the script tries to maintain its connection to the chat server. I will change this now though so that a connection is only renegotiated once you type something. This will also solve the 'additional' point you mention below too. The new version of the script is also a lot more unicode compliant - this will also greatly improve the reliability of chat sessions.

I'm not sure why mIRC isn't remembering the font you set - I will look in to this also.

The script is open-source in the sense that the source is available to view, yes. If you open the file "msn.mrc" in a text editor(such as notepad) then you will see the source code.

The script just works on mIRC I'm afraid - yes.

I will be working on the script today to hopefully fix these problems and will let you know the outcome.
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

I've released a new version that hopefully fixes these problems, please see the home page: http://www.burningimage.net/msn
legarcy

Post by legarcy »

I can confirm the "user not present" issue is resolved many thanks for that!

im still having issues with the font size though? its very odd
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

Because of the funny way windows like that work in mIRC, you need to change the chat window font in the MSN for mIRC control panel.

Type:

/msncontrol

Then click "Chat Window Font" and you should be able to set it there.
legarcy

Post by legarcy »

fantastic, all working great now! :mrgreen:

thanks for the support buddy