Scripting for MSN for mIRC -- help needed

Archive of all threads restored from the backup after the forum hijack
routine_error

Scripting for MSN for mIRC -- help needed

Post by routine_error »

Im wanting to script for this, but I can't see where the script gets incoming (not input) text from MSN.

Also, I don't think the there's anyone in the specified channel for this script. Is there any other channel (or any other server) for this?
vor_road@bellsouth.net

Re: Scripting for MSN for mIRC -- help needed

Post by vor_road@bellsouth.net »

the whole reason i bothered with msn4mirc was to have a scriptable MSN bot. i got invision installed in my mirc for room control.
and plan to download other scripts for mirc as well to handle msn chat room tasks...

now that my MSN4mirc can connect...
how do i get it into a chat room....
and now that you ask.... so do i

scripting .... i alwasy thought it just handled msn connection like any other server connection....

if all i can do is swap instent messages im chunking this peice of shit....
whats the point in using mirc to connect to msn if you cant script and enter/create rooms etc.... :?

routine_error wrote:Im wanting to script for this, but I can't see where the script gets incoming (not input) text from MSN.

Also, I don't think the there's anyone in the specified channel for this script. Is there any other channel (or any other server) for this?
Tech
I'm Helpful!

Post by Tech »

What your wanting to do takes a good share of mIRC scripting along with good base knowlage of MSN protocol. A starting point for you is this:

Code: Select all

on *:sockread:msn:{
  if ($sockerr > 0) return
  :nextread
  if ( $sock($sockname) == $null ) { halt }
  sockread %msn.data
  set %msn.data.nodecode %msn.data
  if ($sockbr == 0) return
  if ( %msn.data == $null ) { goto fdf }

And:

on *:sockread:chat*:{
This section deals with incoming data. This is where you would tie into to read the stream coming from the server and respond if wanted.
If we create A.I. wouldn't we be promoted to the position of God?