/write: unable to open 'C:\PROGRAM' (line 8, msnlog.mrc)

Archive of all threads restored from the backup after the forum hijack
alb_thug

/write: unable to open 'C:\PROGRAM' (line 8, msnlog.mrc)

Post by alb_thug »

Hi guys, can anyone help me how to fix this problem because everytime I talk to someone, the msn4mirc creates a directory with name c:\program but doesn't save the conversation logs, and when windows starts that c:\program folder appears first then other programs start.
-= Master_Load =-

Post by -= Master_Load =- »

Well, i know what causes this problem: in the script no " 's are used so mIRC thinks that c:\program is argument one and files\... is argument to of the write function.
One way to fix this is to put mIRC in another directory without spaces and stuff (like c:\mirc\ of c:\stuff\mirc\).. The other way is to modify the script so that it uses " 's. I think it is done something like this:

write " $+ $mircdir $+ msn/logs/ $+ $1 $+ .log $+ " $date $timestamp $rawurldecode($2) $+ : $3-

if you are not sure if you can use the " 's then use $chr(34)... mIRC gives the line of the error, that's the line which you must alter (be sure to backup first!)
alb_thug

Thnx, now everything is aight..

Post by alb_thug »

I moved the mirc folder to c:\mirc and now everything is working good, thanks a lot for your help..[/img]
andyc
MSN for mIRC Creator

Post by andyc »

This problem has been fixed, download from http://www.burningimage.net/msn

Andy