Bad Looking

Archive of all threads restored from the backup after the forum hijack
Guest1100

Bad Looking

Post by Guest1100 »

i have version 2.02 and i reckon that that Look of it is crap! :evil: , get rid of the Picture windows and get into some dialogs and mdx.dll is not a bad script but u need it looking better, oh and by make a horizontal scrollbar to view the emails of the people wiht looooonggggg nicks, and change the font size and colours :)

zipax

Post by zipax »

..well I already changed fonts and colors. If you know anything about scripting and you have logical thinking then you manage to do it on your own.
If you have special requests and I have some time I may do it .. ;)
Matthias

It's just all about look and feel

Post by Matthias »

I reckon when you don't like the interface mIRC hands you, you should just use another MSN client, and not be bugging the author or others with your comments.

It's a known fact mIRC GUI and scripting language isn't top of the bill, so don't complain about it's limitations. Of course you could adjust all of that, but that's (imho) programming pages of code into the void. So please! Just accept it.

Alternatives:
  • Trillian - Stand-alone application compatible with AOL, ICQ, Yahoo and also IRC (although not too well)
  • dMSN - Java (web) based MSN version
  • ...and (how evil of me!) MSN Messenger by Microsoft Corporation

Post by Guest »

The long-names-problem seems to be a concern to many people. When in the original MSN Messenger, when you click a name, there is "Email a@b.c", that's how ya can see the email addy of someone. Can't something like that be done in a future version, when you right click, that in the popup-menu is the email address.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Seems like crap english, sorry